Love is in the air! Connect Brazil’s weekly digest keeps you informed and up to date with the best of Brazil. What will you discover?
Brazilian Valentines! Our week of rhythm and romance covers all the bases: dreamy destinations, dine-in taste tempters that you can whip up yourself, plus (of course) our musical hot tips for your personal ‘Brazilian Valentines’ playlist. Topical stories, songs and recipes waiting on the homepage at Connect Brazil.
- Feature: Ready to go? Here’s an intimate introduction to Rio’s Most Romantic Beaches.
- Music: Endless love songs! Listen to our Bossa Nova Love Affair streaming channel. It’s free.
- Food & Drink: How about a romantic table for two? Our Brazilian Comfort Food guide is ready and waiting to bring a taste of Brazil to your table this week.
- People: Brazilian valentines for a Brazilian jazz love story: Orlando and Patricia Haddad, of the Philly-based group Minas.
- Picture of the Day: A handpicked photo every day whenever you visit our homepage.
Connect Brazil’s Weekender arrives in your inbox every other Thursday! Read a current issue and sign up here.
STREAMING MUSIC NEWS
This week, The Sounds of Brazil features Brazilian Piano Masters – Antonio Adolfo and Sergio Mendes 4 X daily and on demand through February 21st. The playlist and Producer’s Notes are here.
ON OUR STREAMING STATION
The sea, the sun and The Sounds of Brazil’s streaming station: A jazzy blend of breezy bossas and crossover hits from both sides of the equator. America’s only ‘Always Live’ streaming station for Brazilian music.
Rhythm and Romance? That’s what Brazil does best. We’ve added a bouquet of ‘old school’ love songs to our streaming station’s playlist, including:
- ‘Quiet Nights’ – Sarah Vaughan
- ‘Send One Your Love’ – Cesar Camargo Mariano
- ‘Caminhos Cruzados’ – Joao Gilberto
Check out Connect Brazil’s Listening Lounge.
Always two-of-a-kind and always two in a row when you listen at the top of the hour, at 11 am, 2 pm and 5 pm (US Central) Monday, Wednesday & Friday.
Here’s this week’s lineup:
- Monday, February 08 – Trumpeters Til Bronner & Rick Braun
- Wednesday, February 10 – New Music Wednesday: Jerrod Lawson & Luciana Araujo
- Friday, February 12 – Kenia Ashby’s First Albums
Next week on Brazil Back2Back:
- Monday, February 15 – Tiago Iorc & Roberta Sa
- Wednesday, February 17 – New Music Wednesday: Richard Sorce & Robero Vally featuring Daniela Soledade.
- Friday, February 19 – Torcuato Mariano & Victor Biglione
Visit the Listening Lounge to listen live, for real-time playlists or to request a song.
New Music Spotlight: Luciana Araujo – ‘Diga’
Listen to this song on Connect Brazil’s always-live streaming station, and on our New Music: Brazil streaming channel.
Connect Brazil’s Events section has fresh recommendations for February, from a Carnaval livestream jazz concert from Mark Morganelli & The Jazz Forum All-Stars, to virtual Brazilian cooking and Zumba classes to Brazilian Jazz on San Antonio’s Riverwalk. Plus your pick of full length, on-demand virtual Brazilian jazz concerts, too.
- Click here to browse upcoming events.
Browse Brazilian eateries, cafes and markets near you, coast to coast
It’s true. Hundreds of family-owned Brazilian restaurants, coffee houses and cafes, bakeries, and grocery markets coast-to-coast need your active support during these challenging times. Many dozens have already closed.
Connect Brazil is donating its services to spread the word about the tasty rewards of your patronage.
We hope that you will do the same by placing an order soon with an eatry near you. Your support makes everything taste better.
Stories like this are what we do. Why don’t you join us?