Getz was America’s unlikely flagbearer for Bossa Nova. Connect Brazil’s weekly digest keeps you informed and up to date with the best of Brazil. What will you discover?
Remembering Stan Getz? Take a Brazilian break with The Warmth of Brazil Storystream sometime this week. Topical stories, songs and recipes waiting on the homepage at Connect Brazil. Here’s what’s happening this week.
- Feature: How did saxophonist Stan Getz become Bossa Nova’s American icon?
- Music: The Mayor of BossaNovaville wants to hand you the key to the city. Listen to our ‘all-Bossa’ streaming channel. It’s free.
- Food & Drink: Our Brazilian Comfort Food guide is ready and waiting to bring a taste of Brazil to your table this week.
- People: Asked & answered: 10 Questions with pianist Ricahard Sorce and his new Bossambal Brazil album.
- Picture of the Day: A handpicked photo every day whenever you visit our homepage.
Connect Brazil’s Weekender arrives in your inbox this Thursday! Read a current issue and sign up here.
STREAMING MUSIC NEWS
Springtime favorites? There’s plenty of new musiic getting ready to enter our Connect Brazil playlists during Winter’s final few weeks. Meanwhile, here are three newly-added ‘crossover’ covers, a la Bossa Nova.
- ‘Walking On The Chinese Wall’ – Groove Da Praia featuring Luca Giacco
- ‘My Cheri Amor’ – Alexia Bomtempo
- ‘Blinding Lights’ – Ouvindo
This week, The Sounds of Brazil features Stan Getz Bossa Nova streaming 4 X daily and on demand through February 7th. Show page is here.
ON OUR STREAMING STATION
We chase summer all year long: That’s The Sounds of Brazil’s streaming station: A jazzy blend of breezy bossas and crossover hits from both sides of the equator. America’s only ‘Always Live’ streaming station for Brazilian music.
Check out Connect Brazil’s Listening Lounge.
Always two-of-a-kind and always two in a row when you listen at the top of the hour, at 11 am, 2 pm and 5 pm (US Central) Monday, Wednesday & Friday.
Here’s this week’s lineup:
- Monday, February 01 – Remembering Stan Getz: A birthday salute
- Wednesday, February 03 – New Music Wednesday: Raquel Martins & Giacomo Bondi
- Friday, February 05 – Vanessa da Mata’s birthday
Next week on Brazil Back2Back:
- Monday, February 08 – Trumpeters Til Bronner & Rick Braun
- Wednesday, February 10 – New Music Wednesday: Jerrod Lawson & Antonio Adolfo
- Friday, February 12 – Kenia Ashby’s First Albums
Visit the Listening Lounge to listen live, for real-time playlists or to request a song.
New Music Spotlight: Richard Sorce – ‘Our Make Beleive’
Listen to this song on Connect Brazil’s always-live streaming station, and on our New Music: Brazil streaming channel.
Connect Brazil’s Events section has top choices for January, from Brazilian Jazz on San Antonio’s Riverwalk to Brazil Classico in Hudson Wisconsin, plus a pair of full length, on-demand virtual Brazilian jazz concerts, too.
- Click here to browse upcoming events.
Browse Brazilian eateries, cafes and markets near you, coast to coast
It’s true. Hundreds of family-owned Brazilian restaurants, coffee houses and cafes, bakeries, and grocery markets coast-to-coast need your active support during these challenging times. Many dozens have already closed.
Connect Brazil is donating its services to spread the word about the tasty rewards of your patronage.
We hope that you will do the same by placing an order soon with an eatry near you. Your support makes everything taste better.
Remembering Stan Getz
Stories like this are what we do. Why don’t you join us?