TOP STORIES, OUR BRAZILIAN COMFORT FOOD GUIDE PLUS NEW MUSIC FROM JORGE VERCILLO, GILSONS AND BRAZILIAN JAZZ PIANIST ANTONIO ADOLFO
The warmth of Brazil leads the way today. Connect Brazil’s weekly digest keeps you informed and up to date with the best of Brazil. What will you discover?
We’ve launched The Warmth of Brazil Storystream. You’ll find it on the homepage at Connect Brazil. Here’s what’s new here this week.
- Feature: Explore our video list of January’s Brazilian Music Birthdays.
- Music: We sit down with keyboardist Marcos Ariel to talk big breaks, pizza and exactly what a perfect wave sounds like when translated into Brazilian jazz.
- Food & Drink: Bring the warmth of Brazil to your kitchen table when you support Brazilian American restaurants and more with our guide to Brazilian Comfort Food.
- People: Meet Ella Borges of Ella & The Bossa Beat, a voice to keep an ear on in 2021.
- Picture of the Day: A new image every day whenever you visit our homepage.
Connect Brazil’s Weekender arrives in your inbox every other Thursday. Read a current issue and sign up here.
STREAMING MUSIC NEWS
We’ve added several songs to Connect Brazil’s Streaming Channels this week. You’ll hear ’em our New Music: Brazil Channel:
- ‘At The Brazilian Cafe’ by Giacomo Bondi
- ‘Elenor Rigby’ by Leo Gandelman
- ‘Alto Mar’ by Mariana Nolasco ft. Vitor Kley
Click here for all 13 of our streaming music channels.
This week, The Sounds of Brazil features The Warmth of The Brazilian Piano, streaming 4 X daily and on demand through January 24th. Show page is here.
ON OUR STREAMING STATION
Taking you away from your part of the world to ours. That’s The Sounds of Brazil’s streaming station! A jazzy blend of breezy bossas and crossover hits from both sides of the equator. America’s only ‘Always Live’ streaming station for Brazilian music. Listen here.
Always two-of-a-kind and always two in a row at the top of the hour, at 11 am, 2 pm and 5 pm (US Central) Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Here’s this week’s lineup:
- Monday, January 11 – The Brazilian side of Lee Ritenour, on his birthday
- Wednesday, January 13 – New Music from YouTube discoverys, Mariana Nolasco and Lucca Giacco
- Friday, January 15 – Ten days until Jobim’s birth day, so two versions of ‘Dindi’
Next week on Brazil Back2Back:
- Monday, January 18 – Brazil Chill
- Wednesday, January 20 – New Music from Anavitoria and Gilsons
- Friday, January 22 – Celebrating Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim
Visit the Lounge Page to listen live, for real-time playlists or to request a song.
Connect Brazil’s Events section has top choices for January, including Friday evening’s YouTube concert by Daniela Soledade and Nate Najar, Brazil Classico and a pair of full length, on-demand virtual concerts by Brazilian jazz pianist Ricardo Bacelar.
- Click here to browse upcoming events.
THE BRAZILAIN COMFORT FOOD GUIDE
Browse Brazilian eateries, cafes and markets near you, coast to coast
Connect Brazil is donating its services to help hundreds of family-owned Brazilian restaurants, coffee houses and cafes, bakeries, and grocery markets coast-to-coast during these challenging times.
We hope that you will do the same by placing an order soon with an eatry near you. Your support makes everything taste better.
Stories like this are what we do. Why don’t you join us?