We’re pushing back against all things ‘winter!’ Connect Brazil’s weekly digest keeps you informed and up to date with the best of Brazil. What will you discover?
New stories have been added to The Warmth of Brazil Storystream. You’ll find them on the homepage at Connect Brazil. Here’s what’s happening this week.
- Feature: It’s the 30th anniversary of Prince’s Purple Reign in Rio de Janeiro.
- Music: We look back at one of the most popular beach sambas from the summer of 2019.
- Food & Drink: Our Brazilian Comfort Food guide is ready to serve up a Brazilian banquet for your table sometime this week..
- People: Reacquaint yourself with Sao Paulo songer Jean Felix and her One Hit Wonder.
- Picture of the Day: A handpicked photo every day whenever you visit our homepage.
Connect Brazil’s Weekender arrives in your inbox every other Thursday, including this one. Read a current issue and sign up here.
STREAMING MUSIC NEWS
Have you noticed? Several ‘Brazilian Warmth’ favorites have returned to Connect Brazil’s Streaming Station. Perfect for chilling at work or relaxing at home. Tranquilidade! Listen for these songs and many more, here.
- ‘Some Enchanted Place’ by Eliane Elias (with Take Six)
- ‘O Proximo Verao’ by Jingo (Nu Bossa Instrumental)
- ‘Mal de Mim’ by Djavan (a forgotten favorite!)
Listen to our Live streaming station here.
Click here for all 13 of our streaming music channels.
This week, The Sounds of Brazil features The Warmth of The Brazilian Guitar, streaming 4 X daily and on demand through January 31st. Show page is here.
ON OUR STREAMING STATION
Let The Music Take You There! That’s The Sounds of Brazil’s streaming station: A jazzy blend of breezy bossas and crossover hits from both sides of the equator. America’s only ‘Always Live’ streaming station for Brazilian music. Listen here.
Always two-of-a-kind and always two in a row at the top of the hour, at 11 am, 2 pm and 5 pm (US Central) Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Here’s this week’s lineup:
- Monday, January 18 – Brazil Chill
- Wednesday, January 20 – New Music from Anavitoria and Gilsons
- Friday, January 22 – Celebrating Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim
Next week on Brazil Back2Back:
- Monday, January 25 – A pair of songs for Antonio Carlos Jobim’s birthday
- Wednesday, January 27 – Djavan’s birthday salute
- Friday, January 29 – Thievery Corporation
Visit the Lounge Page to listen live, for real-time playlists or to request a song.
Connect Brazil’s Events section has top choices for January, including Friday evening’s YouTube concerts by Daniela Soledade and Nate Najar, Brazil Classico and a pair of full length, on-demand virtual concerts by Brazilian jazz pianist Ricardo Bacelar.
- Click here to browse upcoming events.
Browse Brazilian eateries, cafes and markets near you, coast to coast
Connect Brazil is donating its services to help hundreds of family-owned Brazilian restaurants, coffee houses and cafes, bakeries, and grocery markets coast-to-coast during these challenging times.
We hope that you will do the same by placing an order soon with an eatry near you. Your support makes everything taste better.
Prince’s Purple Reign In Rio
Stories like this are what we do. Why don’t you join us?