Silva’s rising star. Connect Brazil’s weekly digest keeps you informed and up to date with the best of Brazil. What will you discover?
Silva’s rising star occured in the dark of night: Slow and steady, following its own azimuth as songwriter for Marisa Monte and as a solo artist. Listen for him on Friday’s Brazil Back2Back (below).
Topical stories, new music and more waiting on the homepage at Connect Brazil.
- Feature: The Sounds of Brazil’s milestone 1,500th weekly radio show Always Looking Forward is a musical retrospective, streaming 4 X daily and on demand through March 14th.
- Music: Our ‘One Track Mind’ sereis features a one-hit-wonder from Sao Paulo’s Jean Felix.
- Food & Drink: “Let’s do Brazilian!” The possibilities are endless with our Brazilian Comfort Food guide to eateries near you.
- People: New ink brings a fan story for Ivan Lins.
- Picture of the Day: A handpicked photo every day whenever you visit our homepage.
Connect Brazil’s Weekender arrives in your inbox this Thursday! Read a current issue and sign up here.
STREAMING MUSIC NEWS
This week, it’s Always Looking Forward, our 1,500th weekly show on The Sounds of Brazil. Listen 4 X daily and on demand through February 27th. The playlist and Producer’s Notes are here.
ON OUR STREAMING STATION
We chase summer all year long: The Sounds of Brazil’s streaming station is a jazzy blend of breezy bossas and crossover hits from both sides of the equator. America’s only ‘Always Live’ streaming station for Brazilian music.
With Spring only three weeks away, new music is arriving every day. Here are a few songs to keep an ear on while listening to our streaming station, including:
- ‘Travessia’, ‘Dori’s Song’, ‘O Cantador’ and ‘Ponta de Areia’ – Gregg Karukas. solo piano
- ‘Ipanema Paradise’ – Bianca Rossini
- ‘Song4U’ – Jorge Vercillo
Check out Connect Brazil’s Listening Lounge.
Always two-of-a-kind and always two in a row when you listen at the top of the hour, at 11 am, 2 pm and 5 pm (US Central) Monday, Wednesday & Friday.
Here’s this week’s lineup:
- Monday, March 1 – Celebrating Rio de Janeiro’s 456th birthday
- Wednesday, March 3 – New Music Wednesday: pianist Gregg Karukas & Bianca Rossini
- Friday, March 5 – Silva
Next week on Brazil Back2Back:
- Monday, March 8 – Fabiana Passoni’s birthday
- Wednesday, March 10 – New Music Wednesday:
- Friday, March 12 – Flora Purim
Visit the Listening Lounge to listen live, for real-time playlists or to request a song.
Spotlight Song: Silva – ‘Let Me Say’
Who is Silva? Brazilian pop is making a welcome comeback on the talents of a core group of songwriters. Among these Matatlantica Millennials is Silva’s rising star. He gained instant recognition as Marisa Monte’s songwriting partner. The future is bright for Brazilian music and for Silva, who is too talented to not be heard singing in English. This song checks that box, too. At least partially.
Listen to this song on Connect Brazil’s always-live streaming station, for Friday’s Brazil Back2Back at 11 am, 20m and 5 pm CT.
Connect Brazil’s Events section has fresh recommendations for February, from live club dates and livestream Brazilian jazz concerts with Chicago’s Luciano Antonio, or St. Pete’s Nate Najar Trio with Daniela Soledade, to virtual Brazilian cooking and Zumba classes, even the return of Brazilian Jazz to San Antonio’s Riverwalk. Plus your pick of full length, on-demand virtual Brazilian jazz concerts, too.
- Click here to browse upcoming events.
THE BRAZILAIN COMFORT FOOD GUIDE
Browse Brazilian eateries, cafes and markets near you, coast to coast
It’s true. Hundreds of family-owned Brazilian restaurants, coffee houses and cafes, bakeries, and grocery markets coast-to-coast need your active support during these challenging times. Many dozens have already closed.
Connect Brazil is donating its services to spread the word about the tasty rewards of your patronage.
We hope that you will do the same by placing an order soon with an eatry near you. Your support makes everything taste better.
Silva’s Rising Star: Connect Brazil This Week
Stories like this are what we do. Why don’t you join us?